Last week, I went on Amy McDonald’s podcast The Abundant Yoga Teacher to discuss how her yogi followers could reassess their pricing structure to help their clients go deeper.
But getting deeper doesn’t just apply to yoga poses – businesses of all kinds can benefit from providing deeper support to their clients!
Most yoga teachers – and fitness coaches, and bodyworkers, and chiropractors, and life coaches, and…well, most practitioners! – sell their services by the hour, session, or class.
But here’s the thing: the most successful practitioners and coaches, the ones that have the greatest impact on their clients and have the most profitable business, don’t sell their time. They don’t sell their hours, or sessions, or classes…they sell the results.
They package their services to take their clients on a journey to reach their goals. This usually takes the form of a program or customized plan.
Creating programs or plans for your clients has HUGE benefits for them.
- You are able to go deeper with your clients. They’re committed to the work required to truly reach their goals. They don’t drop off.
- A higher price point leads to a bigger emotional investment from your client. As Amy said, “They’re not paying the practitioner, they’re investing in the journey.”
- When you are paid prices that you know are profitable for your business, it’s easy to be generous with your knowledge and your time. When someone is struggling, it won’t feel like an imposition to give them extra time or energy – you become emotionally invested in their success, which gives them a higher chance of succeeding!
Creating programs or plans for your clients has HUGE benefits for you as well:
- Spend less time on sales. You no longer have to spend time in your sessions trying to get the client to re-book and come back next time. You enroll them in the whole program right from the beginning. It’s liberating. You finally get to do the real and deep work with a committed client!
- Finally enjoy financial stability into your business. When you’ve packaged your products into long-term services, you have predictable and recurring revenue for months into the future. This has been a lifesaver for several of my clients through the recent pandemic. Even though their businesses were shut down, they were still getting paid.
- Allows you to weed out the clients you don’t want to work with. When you design programs and plans that take your ideal clients on a journey to reach their goals, you are choosing to invest in them. This creates a wonderful shift in your business where you let go of the codependent “fix-me folks” and focus on the committed clients that you love to work with.
I know that switching to this type of model can be daunting. But you don’t have to do it alone. This is exactly the transformative work we do in your business in The Business (R)Evolution Academy.
To learn more about how to transition your business from the session-by-session model to long-term programs that get your clients better results and give you steady and predictable income, and to see if the Academy is right for you at your current stage of business, Schedule a Discovery Call with me.